Are You Cool According to Gen Z?
You think you’re a cool mom, right? You’re a Swiftie, you wear Vans, and you watched the Harry Potter reunion on HBO Max with your kid. I hate to break it to you, but your Gen Z kid probably thinks you’re super lame. I should know; my 13-year-old is constantly calling me out for all the lame things I do. Wanna know if you’re just as lame as me, or maybe even lamer? Take this quiz to find out, scoring a point for every relatable statement.
- You write all your texts with perfect grammar and punctuation.
- You still use the expression "getting my groove back."
- You wear your hair with a side part.
- You live for #WineWednesday. Give yourself a bonus point if you've ever used that hashtag.
- You prefer to talk on the phone over texting. (Who doesn’t, amirite?)
- You wonder why Gen Z loves wearing mom jeans.
- Facebook is your favorite social.
- You don't close the apps on your phone after you use them.
- A "gather" sign hangs in your dining room.
- You use the crying-laughing emoji.
- You have a mug that says: "But first, coffee."
- You wear skinny jeans.
If you got:
0-2 points: NOT LAME
Congratulations, you’re not lame at all! Or are you? Retake this quiz and answer honestly this time. If you don’t have a “gather” sign in your dining room, but you really want one, count it anyway.
3-6 points: LAME-ISH
You’re a well-balanced mother who rides a thin line between acting teen-approved cool and truly being cool (we see you, and you’re pretty much the coolest).
Why’d you even bother taking this quiz? Sorry, sister; you’re a bona fide lamer, and your teen has surely let you know before this quiz. But keep rocking those skinny jeans. You look damn fiiiine in them.