The Crispiest Oven-Baked Potato Wedges Recipe
Kick off National Potato Month with these unbelievably simple and crispy potato wedges made right in the oven. All you need is a sheet pan, four ingredients, and 40 minutes and you’ll have a crowd-pleasing side dish everyone at the table will love.
Potatoes are one of those fantastic foods that can be enjoyed all year long. You can cook them in so many different ways, so you never get tired of eating them. These crispy potatoes are our No. 1 household go-to side dish. My husband loves these potatoes so much that he will request them with any meal, no matter what we are having as a main course: pizza night, spaghetti dinners, even Taco Tuesdays. The crispy wedges can make a table-side appearance at our home any night of the week.
Versatility Is Key
This recipe is super versatile because you can use any spice to season the wedges. I typically use Montreal Steak Spice, which is a fantastic blend of coarse salt, pepper, garlic, dill, coriander, and crushed red pepper flakes. Add your favorite spice blend or get creative and invent your own. Go bold with an Italian blend, get spicy with adobo seasoning, or sweeten them up with a candied ginger chili rub. Once you’ve perfected your seasoning, these crispy wedges are ready to dip away. Raw honey mustard sauce is our dip of choice, but you can’t go wrong with a homemade ranch dip or a spicy sriracha ketchup.
Sheet Pan Dinners for the Win
I love any kind of “sheet pan dinner” where I can throw all the ingredients onto a pan and let the oven do all the work. It allows me to have a little extra free time to prep or cook another dish. And with only one pan to wash, clean up is a breeze. If you have more than one rack in your oven, you can cook two things at once. For example, you can have these crispy potato wedges on one sheet pan and a marinated baked tofu or fish on another. Now that’s kitchen multitasking at its finest.
- 4-5 medium potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Spice, or any spice blend of your choice
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil, or other high-heat oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the potatoes, cornstarch, seasoning, and 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil. Mix well to combine, ensuring each potato wedge is lightly coated in cornstarch and spices.
- Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil onto the parchment paper-lined sheet pan and arrange the potatoes in a single layer so they will cook evenly.
- Bake the potatoes for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking to crisp both sides. Remove from oven and enjoy!