These Are the Summer Desserts You Won’t Want to Share
Photo Credit: JeniFoto/Shutterstock
We’re in peak barbecue and summer party season, folks. And while the world doesn’t exactly feel like it usually does in the summertime, one way to keep the vibes of past summers alive is to enjoy some sweets and treats outdoors with friends and family.
We’ve rounded up some of our favorite easy, summer desserts to refresh your afternoons and help distract you from the heat, if only for a little while. Whether you’ve got a taste for fruit, ice cream, or chocolate, we’ve got you covered:
- Watermelon Sorbet Shooters (from Good Housekeeping): This simple recipe involves cutting a medium watermelon into 1.5-inch-thick slices, cutting 1-inch rounds with cookie cutters, and scooping the centers out. Put a scoop of sorbet in the center of those rounds, freeze until firm and garnish with basil.
- Peach Dump Cake (from Delish): Ingredients for this super quick dessert are sliced peaches, ground cinnamon, yellow cake mix, butter, and ice cream (for serving).
- Easiest-Ever Fruit and Coconut Ice Cream (from Good Housekeeping): This easy dessert can even be stored in the freezer for up to two weeks, and we highly recommend it over brownies.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches (from Food Network): Nothing says summer like an ice cream sandwich, and these are guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser.
- Blackberry Lime Cream Puffs (from Country Living): While they may take a bit of time to put together, the juice is worth the squeeze on these light and tasty puffs.
- Creamy Frozen Raspberry Mousse (from Woman’s Day): Lighter than ice cream, this homemade chilled mousse won’t weigh you down on languid afternoons.