Recipes and Food
Burgers Filled With Love (and Cheese)
Another great way to jazz up your summer barbecues is to make cheese-stuffed burgers. These burgers incorporate the cheese you would usually layer on the top of your burger and add it to the middle of your meat patty for extra cheesiness throughout. Of course, you can always add a slice on top, too, if you love cheese as much as I do.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground salt
- 5 tbsp. sauce of your choice, (optional)
- 1½ cups shredded cheese of your choice
- 750 ml bottles chilled brut Champagne, as needed
- ½ tbsp butter
- In a medium bowl, combine the beef, salt, pepper, and sauce until fully mixed.
- Separate the mixture evenly into eight portions. Shape the portions into thin patties.
- Top four of the thin patties with the cheese, divided evenly, leaving a border at the edges of the patties.
- Top the patties with the remaining thin patties, pressing the edges of the top and bottom patties together to form a good seal. Shape the stuffed patties into thick burger patties. Make sure there are no holes for the cheese to escape through.
- In a pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and the butter, and heat over medium heat. Add the burgers to the pan, making sure you have enough room to flip them. You may need to cook them two at a time depending on the size of the pan.
- Cook the burgers for around 8 minutes, or until the burgers are brown on the sides, and then flip them.
- Cook for another 5 minutes or until the burgers are golden brown and fully cooked.
With this recipe, you can choose whatever cheese calls to your palate at the time. You can stick with old favorites like cheddar or American, or you can add bolder swings like blue cheese or feta. You can also add other ingredients to your cheese mix, like bacon, onions, and jalapeños.
Other Ways to Elevate Your Burger
One of the best parts about burgers is that you don’t even have to change the recipe to elevate the flavor. Here are toppings you can use to add some extra flavor fun into your burgers this summer:
Pimento cheese dip
Mac & cheese
When hosting your own barbecue, leave out a variety of these toppings and let your guests choose for themselves. You can even present these toppings via charcuterie inspiration — on a longboard layered with all imaginable burger enhancements. That way, you’re sure to have something for everyone. Well, except for vegans/vegetarians. Luckily, there are other recipes to please your non-meat-eating friends.